We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newgrange Question

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
33 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Newgrange Question

Hi,

I have looked over numerous Newgrange forum questions and responses but couldn't quite find anything related to what I am looking at.

I know that there are a limited # of tickets for Newgrange and they can sell out during "peak" season particularly early in the day.

I am going to Ireland this coming early March and am looking to go there on a Saturday in early March. I believe March would not constitute any type of peak season as some of the tours to Newgrange don't start until April. I hope to get there by noon on Saturday. Does anybody have experience or suggestion if any potential for sellout in early March on weekend?

Thanks,

Jeff

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Newgrange Question

Hi Jeff,

I my experience there will be tickets available at noon even on the busiest day of the year. As tickets are sold on a first come basis for a fixed number of tours, during the peak season there could be a long wait for the next tour when arriving at noon, in the month of March, I wouldn't expect much of a wait for the next tour.

Best regards,

Michael Fox

DayToursDublin.com

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newgrange Question

I don't think you need worry about availability of tickets at that time of the year. I was there last July and arrived about 11.45AM and was able to get tickets for Knowth and Newgrange. However, I did have to wait a bit over two hours to get the first available tour to the Newgrange site, but I almost immediately got a tour for the Knowth site, which worked out fine, because by the time the Knowth trip had ended and I got a bit of lunch, the Newgrange trip was ready to go. As you intend visiting in early March, I think there will not be any tours to the Knowth site, as this site does not open until Easter time, which this year is at the end of March - you might need to check this out. There is also a very good interpretive centre in the visitors centre there, which is well worth spending some time at.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newgrange Question

Do the Knowth tour while you are there also. I found it more interesting than Newgrange.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
178 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newgrange Question

Sorry to piggyback on this post, but does anyone know of a good tour company that offers half day tours to Newgrange? I know Mary Gibbons is highly rated but it's all day.

Apparantly Over the Top Tours offers one but I cannot reach them via email, cell, or Facebook.

5. Re: Newgrange Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:15