We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Cake - from Australia to Ireland

Perth City, Western...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Cake - from Australia to Ireland

My husband is visiting family in Ireland (Dublin and Galway) coming from Australia. Is he allowed to bring with him a homemade Christmas Cake which is iced with fondant and has an Aussie Santa topper? I don't want to have gone to the trouble of cooking one if it is only going to be confiscated at the airport.

Helen Conheeney

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Cake - from Australia to Ireland

From a customs point of view it wouldn't be an issue but I would leave it unwrapped for security inspection.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Cake - from Australia to Ireland

I can't see any problem with that. He may meet an officious official so having a list of ingredients to hand might be an idea,

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Cake - from Australia to Ireland

My father used to send us a Christmas cake every year from Australia, via a bakery located in Texas.

4. Re: Christmas Cake - from Australia to Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:16