We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tours from Dublin

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Day Tours from Dublin

I would like to hear opinions and recommendations on possible Day-Tours from Dublin. At the moment I am planing only a Tour to Wicklow/Glendalough. At one moment I thought about visiting Cashel on a day tour, but Paddywagon tours has informed me that particular tour is no longer available.

I will have a free-day to visit the surrounding areas and I am open to your suggestions. My wife and I enjoy scenery, history, art, and charming villages.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Dublin
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wild Rover Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Collins Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Irish Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

many threads already about this tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k577255…

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

Thanks Clareirishman for the information. It seems like it is possible toi visit every popular site of Ireland on a day tour from Dublin (Cliffs of Moher, Giant Causeway, Araan Islands), but I imagine all of those tours would be exhausting.

I hope I can find some other more relaxing option.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

Wicklow/Glendalough would be a good choice, as would Kilkenny. You do not need a tour to Kilkenny, there is a good train service and you can comfortably walk from the station to the middle of the town. Lots to see there and all the sites are within easy walking distance.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

For day tours from Dublin check out Bus Eireann and save 5% discount if you book online: www.buseireann.ie

The day tours presently advertised:

Boyne Valley & Newgrange (includes entrance to Newgrange Tombs) adult price 25 euro per person.

Powerscourt gardens, Glendalough & Wicklow panorama tour, adult price 25 euro per person.

Both tours leave from Busarus (main bus station) at 10.00am and return at around 17.45pm

Edited: 28 December 2012, 15:39
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

Thanks Cavan007, I knew about the two tours you mention above. However, I am undecided between one or the other. If you have any recommendation or comments I would like to hear them.

I enjoy scenery, history, castles and churches.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

Given those particular interests, I would choose Glendalough and Co Wicklow:

glendalough.ie/heritage_of_glendalough.php

www.heritageireland.ie/en/midlandseastcoast/

California
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

We highly recommend Mary Gibbons tours to Hill of Tara and Newgrange. It is a great day trip. http://newgrangetours.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

Another vote for Kilkenny (but you'll be sorry not to stay at least one night there.) Have a good look at the reconstructed castle and its park, plus the design centre opposite, and the elegant small city streets and byways...

9. Re: Day Tours from Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:16