We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Cork

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Cork

We will be in Cork Feb 5-7 and need some suggestions for a place to stay (preferably a B&B) that would be close to some good local pubs that we can walk to. Also, any other suggestions for things to see/do while in the area. We are renting a car so are planning on traveling around the area. Thanks!!

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
755 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Cork

Were you planning on staying in Cork City or in the county? Lots of smaller towns like Kinsale that have lots of pubs and restaurants and you can daytrip to the city.

Edited: 02 January 2013, 08:24
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Cork

Here is my own personal list of things to do when you are in Cork City.

tripadvisor.ie/Travel-g186600-s407/Cork:Irel…

I would recommend any of them, but choose which ones interest you the most.

Here are two Guesthouses that consistently get great reviews on Tripadvisor.

www.fernroydhouse.com

www.garnish.ie

Both are on Western Road, right beside the grounds of the beautiful and historic UCC campus. Both are a very easy 10 minute walk to cork city centre.

If neither of these suit your budget, come back for more suggestions.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Cork

Here is a review from spiceloft for Lancaster Lodge which is also on the same street as the two Gueshouses that I mentioned in my previous post.

## we stayed here recently. It would suit your needs I think. http://www.lancasterlodge.com/ Here's my review. tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g186600-d311446-…

4. Re: Staying in Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 01:16