We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...need to finalize itinerary

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Help...need to finalize itinerary

I have been researching many other TA reviews and they have helped me narrow down a plan (I hope). I will be travelling with my husband and mother in law. We will be doing a 9 night/10 day driving tour of Ireland. We are really keen to see the country side as much as possible, so are limiting our days in the cities to accommodate. Any advice would be grateful

19/04: Fly into Belfast(from London). Tour Belfast, titanic exhibit, etc. Night in Belfast

20/04: Giants causeway and possibly Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge? We have heard that it is better to take a tour to Giants causeway so we can enjoy the scenery? Thoughts? Also, I cannot seem to find a tour that will do both the bridge and the causeway...so we may end up driving.

Night in Belfast

21/04: Train to Dublin: Trinity College, Guinness factory, etc

Night in Dublin

22/04: Rental car and drive to Galway (not sure if we should stop along the way to certain areas) need to do more research on this.

Night in Galway

23/04: Day trip to Aran Islands

Night in Galway

24/04: Wake up early and do cliffs of moher and the burren on our way to Dingle

Drive to Dingle

Night in dingle

25/04:Slea head loop

Night in Dingle

26/04-27/04: This is where i am confused. We would like to go from dingle to do ROK. I am thinking we could do this in one day and then spend the night in either Kenmore or Killarney. I have heard great things about Kisdale so would like to drive down to Kisdale and stay there a night (as we fly back to London on the 28th from Cork).

I am worried that I am trying to cram in to many places...should I eliminate Kisdale and spend two nights in Kerry? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Nicole

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
779 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help...need to finalize itinerary

Hi Nicole. I think your itinerary looks great. You have the cities first then countryside fir the second half. I would stay in Kenmare the one night then Kinsale the last. It's very close to the airport and a nice town on the water.

A lot of people leave Dublin early and stop at Newgrange on the way (haven't been there yet but it's definately on my list...)

Also good idea to book Titanic Museum ahead of time so you don't have to wait.

Have a great trip!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help...need to finalize itinerary

Personally, I would eliminate Kinsale from your particular itinerary

Cashel, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help...need to finalize itinerary

Don't miss the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin... the Archaeology Branch on Kildare street. Free entry and it houses all of the most important and impressive archaeological finds from all over the country... it's well worth a visit... but maybe i'm just biased beacuse i'm an archaeologist :P

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help...need to finalize itinerary

Not a fan of Kinsale myself but Its handy for Cork Airport. Personally I would fly into Cork and do the clockwise arc ending with the car at Dublin Airport before bus into Belfast for the trip Home. I would only use One night for Dingle to break the trip between Killarney and Ennis (for the Cliffs) or would do the ring of Kerry from Killarney then head straight for Galway without running out onto the spur.

5. Re: Help...need to finalize itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 05:19