We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Company called Great Value Vacations

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Company called Great Value Vacations

We are trying to find a good deal on a vacation package to Ireland this summer. Has anyone used or even heard of a company called "Great Value Vacations"? Also, why is Sceptre Tours not advertising so much this year? Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

Hi there. I was thinking of buying the same vacation from them as well. Did you buy the package vacation to Ireland ultimately and if so, would you recommend it to others?

Thanks,

Cheryl.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

Please give a review on this package to Adare villas, we are looking to book the same one to Ireland. We have never been, so are wondering if it is centrally located near the tourist attractions, and how the driving is. Hope it went well!

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

Andrea0910

Adare village is approximately 40-minute drive from Shannon airport; about 3hrs from Dublin airport.

Things to see/do in and around Adare :

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i22118-Day_Tr…

http://www.adarevillage.com/

Omaha NE
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

Sunny, have you posted a review of your trip to Adare Villas, we're planning the same trip in June I would love to hear about your GVV trip.

Thanks

Muskegonn MI
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

I booked a tour with Great Value Vacations to Ireland late last spring for the end of March this year.. It was flying into Dublin then spending one night in Kilkenny, 2 nights in Galway, 2 in Limerick, 2 in Killarney then one in Dublin before our return flight. It included a rental car. I then put the trip on the back burner until recently when I started doing the planning of what we wanted to see and do on the trip. I wasn't really happy that we had to drive from the furthest point Killarney to Dublin on the end of the trip and called to see if I could switch the dates on stays at Galway and killarney and they said no changes could be made. I then started checking on air and hotels and rental cars doing the trip on my own and moving the trip up to be there for St Patricks day. I was unhappy I did not do it on my own to begin with. The good news I had purchased the trip cancellation policy that said I could cancel the trip for any reason so that is what I did. I was ready for that to be a fight but it was easy as could be. With in three days they refunded all the money I paid less the insurance fee back to my credit cards. I would have to think that says a lot about the company so they do appear to be a good company to do business with. For me I was able to book the trip myself and added 3 extra days to it for about the same money. And I did do some checking as to the places they had me staying and ended booking some of the same places myself. So the places they select for you are not bad places. If you want to go with a company, I would think Great Value is a good place to use based on my dealings with them.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 04:35
Beaumont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

we have used great value vacations 2 times and they are great people to work with no matter how many times you call them best value and they go out of their way to answer any questions

Beaumont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

we did the castle (4) with great value vacations the end of sept & 1st of oct 2013 adare castle was wonderful we are going again in may and staying 6 days in the townhouse in adare castle

Chester, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

I leave Wednesday for the trip we booked last year: Dublin, Kilkenny, kalarney and Galway- will keep u all updated when I get back!

2 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

But are they reliable Iv'e never heard of Great Value Vacations.

2 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Company called Great Value Vacations

Are they reliable Iv'e never heard of Great Value Vacations.