We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days, 5 night honeymoon itinerary Ireland - thoughts?

Forest Park...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 days, 5 night honeymoon itinerary Ireland - thoughts?

The plan is land in Dublin early Tuesday morning. We will take in the city, do the Guiness brewery tour, eat out etc. of course, we will spend the night there.

Wednesday we will get up bright and early to make the drive to Doolin! There we will take in the sights at the Cliifs of Moher, the pubs &music, and spend the night at a B & B there (hopefully near the coast)

Thursday we will depart for Lake Hotel at Killarney Lakes. We will stay there Thursday through Friday (2 nights) the plan here is to hike the trails, kayak, take a trip to the ring of Kerry etc.

Saturday morning we will make our way to Waterford to stay at the Waterford Castle for the night. We're hoping this can be a bit more relaxing (spa, gourmet dinner etc.)

Sunday morning we will drive back to Dublin for our afternoon flight home back to the U.S.

I think this works as we make the most of our limited time: Dublin city, small town/bed and breakfast in Doolin, nature and beauty in Killarney Lakes, and the castle experience in Waterford.

Looking for any tips, advice, or thoughts from anyone who either lives there or has traveled there before! Is waterford to dublin a short enough drive if we have a 3:30 pm flight? Are any of these drives too far? Does this trip make sense for the time we have? Any other recommendations or thoughts? Please share any and all thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
445 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days, 5 night honeymoon itinerary Ireland - thoughts?

This is alot for your short trip. It certainly can be done, but know that even the distances don't seem that far, everything in Ireland seems to take a bit longer. The roads are curvy and not like the US where you can figure driving the speed limit from point A to B. I don't think we ever drove the speed limit as it just wasn't possible. You also don't seem to have any time for make unplanned stops. Also, I'm not sure I'd want to drive from Waterford to Dublin on the day of your flight back. You'll need to be up pretty early to get back in time.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days, 5 night honeymoon itinerary Ireland - thoughts?

You don't say WHEN you're coming?But either way I'd consider flying into Dublin, driving to Killarney first for that leg, leave Waterford for another time altogether, spend your time as planned in Clare and fly home from Shannon.This would maximise your limited time.

Congrats on the wedding by the way.

Forest Park...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days, 5 night honeymoon itinerary Ireland - thoughts?

Thank you both. Well look to fly out of Shannon,

4. Re: 6 days, 5 night honeymoon itinerary Ireland - thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 06:15