We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
771 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

Sometimes it seems like nearly everyone posting here is going to Ireland in May. We are, and this will be our third consecutive May trip. We will fly out of Charlotte, NC on May 2, through Chicago (I know, it seems we're flying the wrong direction, but it was the best price we could find when we booked.) and land in Dublin at 5:15AM on Friday May 3. We will be in Ireland until May 30 and fly back out of Dublin at 11:25AM back through Chicago.

How about you?? Log in your dates. See you there!!!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,923 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

leave texas may 2, return may 20, trip number 9, God willing.....

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
252 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

Arriving Shannon May 14th, leaving through Shannon June 4th.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

May 9 into Shannon and out on May 23...Fourth Visit, bringing relatives who have never been.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

....working on trip #3 but for May of 2014 (she says sheepishly - but hey you didn't specify THIS year), it is looking to be 17 nights so far. :-)

For those going this year, have a wonderful trip!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

First trip to Ireland, and I get to use my Irish passport! We arrive early May 9 and leave May 17, getting so excited. Happy trails everyone!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

Our first trip to Ireland! May 17-26. We'll fly in and out of Dublin. Soooo excited!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

Congrats MJ, I was so excited to use my Irish passport in Ireland for the first time as well! I actually just received my renewed Irish passport a month ago - next trip needs to get here soon!

PS, lived in the big O for 10 years during under grad and grad school - Creighton! :-)

Maryland
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

May 24th - June 7th. First trip for all of us (hubby and me, sister- and brother-in-laws, my brother and an old friend). Can't wait!!

Rhfode Island
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

leaving April 22 for Shannon departing May 6...I'll get things ready for you and

leave the lights on!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Going to Ireland in May? Check in!!

Akandal, thank you and that's exciting about YOUR Irish passport! (The harp on the cover gets me every time, I love it.) May 2014 will be here before you know it and half the fun of a trip is planning it. :) I'm actually down the road a tad from Omaha, but have friends and family in the city. I hope you had a good experience in Nebraska - you're welcome back anytime!!