We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballaghbeama Gap

Saugerties, New York
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ballaghbeama Gap

Wow !!

We'll be traveling from Kenmare to (eventually) Dingle early June. We will have already spent some time in Killarney. So I was looking for a route to Dingle that wouldn't bring me through Killarney again. I saw a route through the Ballaghbeama Gap towards Glencar and on to Kilorglin.

I've now looked at lots of photos of the route, and man, what a beautiful ride! Just goes on and on and on...

Anybody been through there who wants to tell me about it?

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

It's stunning - well worth doing - and well done for finding it! Roads aren't bad at all.

Apologies - no time for more detail - just out the door on my way to the airport!!!

:-)

Saugerties, New York
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

Just the photos are taking my breath away. The roads there and back look really cool !

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

Inhuman throw you sir.

Saugerties, New York
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

What ?!?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

Translated to the vernacular.

A very nice drive in beautiful countryside, that back in the day I used take flat in fifth.

Saugerties, New York
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

Oh, well that clears it right up.....

Turner, Maine
Level Contributor
491 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

A very nice drive. It looks like there may be some decent hiking in a few places too, though we didn't ourselves. To me well worth the detour. I believe you can find some Youtube videos of it as well as pictures. I should post the pic of me changing a flat shortly after the Gap in the Ballaghasheen Pass. Also worth driving.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

That neck of the woods is truly spectacular. So don't mind me and my old ramblings.

Come and enjoy.

Kerry
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

Ths is one of my favourite roads.I live now in Blackwater and if I need o go to Waterville I use this Gap. Rather than the very busy Gap of Dunloe. Early in the day is is spectacular and I have driven with the moon on one side and the rising sun on the other.

10. Re: Ballaghbeama Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 06:17