We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Happy St. Patrick's Day

To all the folks in Ireland who get on here daily to address our questions and offer advice to help make our trip to your country as enjoyable as possible, I hope you enjoy your celebration on this day. Happy St. Patty's Day to you all!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

You're more than welcome.

But it's St. Patrick's Day in this town.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

I realized it after posting. My understanding is in Ireland it's either St. Patrick or St. Paddy. Never St. Patty. Right?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

It's never anything other than St. Patrick's Day.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Ah. My apologies. Well, hope you have an enjoyable celebration today.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,149 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Many thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

And to you too Jason

Just opened the curtains to see a snow shower outside the window. Hope it won't put a dampner on the parades happening aroudn the area. Some of my little neighbours were so excited yesterday about walking in the parades today.

Muffle up well and keep warm anyone who is visiting this weekend - or else lots of hot whiskies and Irish Coffees to keep your bones warm.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

I was going to start a similar thread to this one vegasjason, so thanks for kicking it off for me.

Happy St. Patricks Day to one and all from a stunningly (and unusually) bright sunshiny 17th March in Cork City.

Must prepare now for Pre Parade brunch for 8 year old nephew who is 8 today, and of course you will all guess that on 17th March 2005 he was christened with the name.....................

Why, CIAN of course. hahaha.

#christeningfail

Edited: 17 March 2013, 08:34
grafton
Level Contributor
631 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Also would like to wish everyone a happy St Patricks Day. My husband and I celebrated here in Australia by going to lunch after mass and having a Guinness and kilkenny or two. Looking forward to the time when we can have a beer in your lovely country.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Thanks all. Graftonned, I had several St Patrick's Days in NSW and wish you well. The weather in Tralee looks iffy at the moment so fingers crossed for the parade at noon.

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day!!!! Sunny but windy in West Cork so we can't complain about the weather down here. Heading to the "parade" in Crookhaven that consists of a guy dressed like St Patrick and a big snake that all the kids get under. A few beers on the pier. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!!!!! As the ad says....priceless!