We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Ireland over Easter - itinerary feedback?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Ireland over Easter - itinerary feedback?

Hi, all! I'm excited to be returning to Ireland soon, and this time with a friend who has never been but has dreamed of it all her life. She is a Kelly and Irish by blood and in heart, so this is like coming home for her. I feel responsible for helping to give her an amazing experience. Ireland doesn't need any help from me, because it's amazing all over... But I'm hoping for a little help with an itinerary especially because we're traveling over Easter, and I'm not sure how that affects things. We are late 20s/early 30s, and down for anything. And we can drive on the left. This is our tentative plan so far, but we're very flexible, so please make any suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Thursday, 28 Mar. Arrive Dublin at 22:40. Staying at the Morgan in Temple Bar. I'm assuming that there will be quite a crowd at the pubs since all are tanking up before Good Friday. Will pubs close at midnight then?

Friday, 29 Mar. Not sure what will be open and available to visit on Good Friday? I know the pubs will be closed, what about museums and other attractions?

Saturday, 30 Mar. Visit the Guinness Storehouse. This is a must for us. In the evening, we'll hop around to different pubs and find some live music.

Sunday, 31 Mar. My friend would love to attend a traditional Easter mass in a beautiful cathedral. Any suggestions for which one? After mass and a massive Easter lunch, we will take the train to Galway. I hear that Easter Sunday night is quite the lively one since Monday is a holiday. We'll stay the night in Galway (not sure where yet).

Monday, 1 Apr. Rent a car in Galway and drive down the coast. See the Cliffs of Moher and any other scenic spots on the way. Continue on to Dingle. We'll stay the next two nights in Dingle. I love Pax, but no ocean view rooms available those nights. So we'll probably stay somewhere right in Dingle town. And of course, visit every pub, starting at Dick Mack's.

Tuesday, 2 Apr. Explore the area around Dingle. I've gotten great tips from this forum already. Drive Slea Head, climb the tower.

Wednesday, 3 Apr. Drive to Cork, with scenic stops along the way. We're meeting up with acquaintances who live in Cork, so we should be well taken care of that night.

Thursday, 4 Apr. Early morning flight out from Cork airport.

This covers a lot of ground and should hopefully give my friend a nice overview. An alternate thought is to go to fewer places, but spend more time in each. I would love your thoughts!

Thank you!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,021 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Ireland over Easter - itinerary feedback?

Do you mean the tower behind Colaiste Íde or the one over near Feothanach. Both can be windy spots -and cold!!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Ireland over Easter - itinerary feedback?

I'm not sure which, I just read this in another post: "Walk up to the tower that you can see on Birnam for one of the best views in Kerry."

If you can give me better directions to this tower, it would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Ireland over Easter - itinerary feedback?

That's the one behind Colaiste Ide at Burnham

4. Re: Visiting Ireland over Easter - itinerary feedback?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 06:18