We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help from Limerick to Dublin

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help from Limerick to Dublin

Hello, I have come to posting this as we are stuck in these last few days of our trip planning.

We are waking up in Limerick and have 2 full days, 2 nights before our flight out of Dublin (8am).

My thoughts are to drive from Limerick and end up in Dublin for the night so we can wake up and have the day for the city.

Other option is to drive from Limerick close to Dublin, spend the night there (Carlow, around Wicklow??), and drive into the city in the am. I'm not partial to this idea.

I know there will be lots of thoughts to contest the driving, but this is what it is. I want the best advice based on what our proposed plans are, not that we shouldn't be doing this at all (please..)

Some stops we would like to try to make (not set in stone yet) are:

Rock of Cashel

Kilkenny Castle, Hall of Vicars

Glendalough

Ok community, get advising!

Thanks in advance!!!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,033 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help from Limerick to Dublin

What time of the year are you visiting?

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help from Limerick to Dublin

This will be April 23, flying out of Dublin April 25

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,033 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help from Limerick to Dublin

I've checked out your previous posts and your plans seem to have changed.

Are you still in Ireland for only 5 days, going in and out of Dublin?

And will you see Dublin at the start or at the end?

And what are you doing before you reach Limerick?

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help from Limerick to Dublin

Hey, thanks for your interest in helping.

We are still only in Ireland for 5 days. We have a bit of a driving itinerary, but are ok with it. We fly in and out of Dublin, but leave Dublin immediately and hit Belfast, Derry, Donegal, ending up at Bunratty.

So we are leaving Donegal and driving down to Bunratty for the Banquet at 845pm (long day, yes, just hoping for some sun to shine through on us). Then spending the night there (in Bunratty).

We are only seeing Dublin in this tail end. So one day. I have already spent many days in Dublin, my partner has not.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,033 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help from Limerick to Dublin

With your flight out at 8am, you are going to need to spend your last night in the vicinity of the airport. Bewleys Airport Hotel is a nice good value hotel that has a regular shuttle to the terminal.

With this in mind, I'd suggest you drive to Cashel, then drive to Glendalough. Spend the night in the Glendalough area, then drive into Dublin for your last day there.

6. Re: Help from Limerick to Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:16