We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

upstate new york
Level Contributor
328 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

Night 1 - Ennis (booked Old Ground)

Night 2 - Dingle (booked Heatons guesthouse)

Night 3 & 4 - Killarney (booked Larkinley Lodge)

Night 5 & 6 - really unsure - Cork area?? would like to stay in one place for two nights

Night 7 - (booked Adare Manor)

Night 8 - haven't booked yet but will be heading back towards Shannon airport

We would like to be able to have a short walk into town/village area at night for nights 5/6.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

Lots of lovely places in Cork. Clonakilty is a nice sized town and is well places to visit West Cork.

upstate new york
Level Contributor
328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

Hoping to get more responses.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

i would suggest maybe spend the two nights somewhere in county clare...it's a shame to be coming and going from shannon and miss so many beautiful sites that this county has to offer...ie the cliffs of moher, killaloe, quin, bunratty, etc etc etc......

for your last night i recommend the oakwood arms hotel... www.oakwoodarms.com ......

upstate new york
Level Contributor
328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

oma 14- our first day will be spent in County Clare visiting sites, i.e. cliffs of Moher. We will be spending the night in Ennis and then traveling to Dingle through Kilrush.

I'm not sure where to go for the two days I have not allotted. I was thinking of Cork city for the nightlife and restaurants. However, we own a dairy farm and would like to see some dairyland, rural roads, etc.

When leaving Adare Manor we planned to travel through Cahir and Cashel. Would that allow the dairy aspect to be taken in? The Goldenvale area is dairyland correct?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,533 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

These might help with finding Farmhouse Accommodation:

www.irishfarmholidays.com/ifh/index.cfm

ireland-guide.com/places-to-stay-farm-houses…

Additionally, for Co Cork:

irishfarmhouses.com/cork/bed_breakfast.html

goireland.com/cork/farmhouses-in-cork-county…

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

This one might be a fit on day five and six.

www.ballinwillinhouse.com/

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

I also like Clonakillty for Cork. There's lots to see in West Cork... Mizen Head is a favourite. There's lots of rural roads and dairy farms out this way. Most of the farms are smaller than the states (my brother in law has one in Goleen if you'd like a tour....)

Clonakillty is a nice sized town with pubs and restaurants. It would be a lot calmer than Cork City. Cork would be more of a contrast to Killarney. I like Kinsale too (a lot of people think it's overrated but I like it. Lots of restaurants and pubs right on the water).

Wherever you chose you will have a great time!

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
826 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

Hello. If you want to stay in County Cork for nights 5 and 6, consider either Bantry or Glengarriff. In Glengarriff there are the beautiful gardens on Garnish Island, with the Beara peninsula just out of town. Bantry is more of a working town, very nice, with great scenery and the Bantry House and gardens to visit. Enjoy.

9. Re: Need help (2 available nights) during our 9 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:16