We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

We're thinking of flying into Shannon, renting a car and staying in Galway for 3 nights. There we would see: Aran Islands, Coonnemara Nat'l Park,and Cliffs of Mohr. Next, drive to Killarney, stay for 2 nights and see the Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, and Blarney Castle. After that we'd drive to Dublin, stay for 3 nights and do the Giant Causeway in northern Ireland, Guinness Brewery, and whatever else. Do you think it's realistic? Anything you would cut out or add?

We're contemplating doing one less night in Dublin and extending our stay in the south west part of Ireland instead.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,173 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

What time of the year?

Have you driven in Ireland before?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

I'd agree that you'd be better off spending an extra day in the SW of the island, instead of the extra day in Dublin. You'd need at least one full day to get a good sense of the Dingle Peninsula.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

Yes, reduce a day in Dublin and add it to Killarney or you'll be rushed.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,288 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

You could subtract a day here or add one there, but it looks like a good whistle stop tour to me.

Come and enjoy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
86 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

Driving up to the Giants Causeway and back to Dublin in the same day would be no fun at all if that is your plan. If you are going up north you would want to drive the coast north of Belfast and possibly take in the Carrick a Rope bridge and Dunluce Castle. Personally I would stay in Kenmare of Killarney but I like the towns more than the cities.

Turner, Maine
Level Contributor
491 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

We had 3 nights on RoK, and 2 for Dingle. Wished we'd had a day extra for each. I would cut out the Dublin/NI portion of the trip. As it has been said many a time on this forum, less is more.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

HarveyIreland, we'll be going on this trip in the end of June-beginning of July. We've never driven in Irealnd before but have been beginning to do some research on it. We have driven in Italy though along the Amalfi which everyone said we shouldn't do, loved it.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

Thank you for all of the tips, greatly appreciated! We're excited for the trip!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

We have driven the Amalfi, the Blue Mountains of Jamaica and London. Ireland is a nice drive drive in the country by comparison. :-)

10. Re: 7 day Ireland trip-- Tentative Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 05:15