We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 full days in Ireland

Miami, FL
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 full days in Ireland

Hello fellow wise travelers. My husband and I (early 30's and quite adventurous) will be in Ireland in early April for 6 days. We are flying into Dublin and will be staying there two days....and that is all we have planned and we are about 2 weeks out....and freaking out. I was considering the following itinerary...let me know what you think. We will be renting a car and driving and enjoying the scenery not taking trains.

2 nights in Dublin

2 nights in Killarney

1 night in Galway

1 night in Kilkenny

1 night in Dublin (our flight is super early in the morning so this day doesnt really count).

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,681 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 full days in Ireland

2 nights in Dublin

@@@@ Fine. You won't need a car for you Dublin portion of the trip if you intend touring the city.

2 nights in Killarney

@@@@ Fine. Loads to see in Dublin over 2 days/nights

1 night in Galway

@@@@ This 3 hour journey to Galway from Killarney could be waste of time as Galway and it's stunning surroundings needs at the very very least 2 days and 2 nights. Consider the following options:

1 night in Dingle (Dingle only 90 mins drive from Killarney)

1 night in Ballyvaughan or Doolin (County Clare) where you can visit Cliffs of Moher, Ailwee Caves, The Burren area, Doolin Cave, Burren Perfumery etc.

You will get more time value out of these options than of a drive to Galway.

If you really want to visit Galway, it is doable though.

1 night in Kilkenny

@@@@ Fine. Kilkenny is a nice city

Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 full days in Ireland

I would do it in this order:

2 nights Dublin

1 night Kilkenny

2 nights Killarney

2 nights Galway

and back to Dublin

Or just swap Killarney and Galway. Good choice for Kilkenny, a medieval city with a unique atmosphere and lots of picturesque passageways. Some of the highlights would be the riverside Castle, the Rothe House and garden and St. Canice Cathedral. If you like beer, I'd recommend a Smithwick's Brewery Tour.

3. Re: 6 full days in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question