We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

magicJack app?

USA
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
magicJack app?

Has anyone used the free version of the MagicJack app to call a non-smartphone or US land line from Ireland and/or England? My parents do not have smartphones, and don't use Skype, etc. via the computer. We do have 2 phones from Mobal.com, but using them is going to cost $1.25-$1.50/minute to call home. Just wondering if anyone has actually used this magicJack app, or if it's "too good to be true".

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: magicJack app?

Used it on my Iphone to call the US, clear as a bell, no issues and all FREE using wifi in Ireland.

Edited: 30 March 2013, 21:57
USA
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: magicJack app?

Mike, Thank you! Hopefully it works as well for us when we go.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: magicJack app?

We used MagicJack on our laptop while in Ireland to call home and it worked great. (Did not have a smartphone so no feedback on the app you have.)

We did use our Mobal.com phone/service for calls inside Ireland, and that worked out great too.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 18:31
USA
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: magicJack app?

Thank you, TimeshareVon! Glad to hear they both worked so well for you! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

5. Re: magicJack app?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 05:16