We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddywagon Tours?

Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Paddywagon Tours?

Just wondering if they are any good. Decided to do some day tours instead of trying to spend nights in so many places and just go from main cities since i'm relying on public transport :) I've heard Paddywagon attracts younger crowds and can be a bit rambunctious...Is that true? Any advice would be great!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,364 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddywagon Tours?

Rambunctious isn't the right word by a long way. True I say you need to be under 50 in mind if not body because they are a little light hearted in their approach. I have never taken their tours nut have encountered people on them and reports are generally good. There are many good tours running from key places and some are better than others but generalising for many different locations would be the wrong way of getting the better options.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddywagon Tours?

Have you read any of the Paddywagon tour reviews? While I for one, would not choose them as my tour company of choice, a very large percentage of their clients (who have posted reviews) either thought the company was 'Excellent' or 'Very Good'

Additionally approx 10% thought they were terrible. But that 10% were probably a mix of geriatrics, whingers and ne'er do wells (my category!).

Here is a link to the reviews:

tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186605-d15…

Edited: 12 April 2013, 23:18
Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddywagon Tours?

All age groups were represented on the 2 day tours I took with them about 2 years ago, including seniors (me being one of them) and they were fine, nothing rambunctious. I did hear that their longer tours cater to a younger crowd because they offer hostel stays

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddywagon Tours?

I go on the Paddywagon tour of Wicklow a couple of times a year as I dont drive so it is ideal for me if I want to go off taking photos.The trip down to Glendalough and Avoca a great way to spend a day old I maybe geriatiac I am not whinger maybe but it is well worth the few bob to see around Wicklow and other areas enjoy a nice afternoon on a Wicklow beack with a fish and chip lunch.

5. Re: Paddywagon Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:16