We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
MUMBAI,INDIA
Level Contributor
174 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland In march or april 2013

I am planning to visit ireland in march or april 2014. i have a few questions?

which is the best time to visit march or april?

which days should i avoid visiting in march or april?

i am more interested in natural beauty than historic, which places should i visit?

i have a valid Indian car license, do i need an International permit to drive there?

Ireland is lowly populated so how is it in terms of safety for two tourist driving along?

Thanking You in ADVANCE

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland In march or april 2013

I would say April is better than March, although no one can say, I have had glorious sunny days in March, but the nearer Summer it is, the longer hours of daylight you get (note, daylight - not sunlight!).

I would avoid March 17th, St Patrick's Day if not interested in parades, and avoid Easter, I havent checked when that it for next year.

Anywhere along the west coast is generally the most spectacular in regards scenery.

I would not have any concerns at all about personal safety, obviously dont go around flashing wads of cash or leave a €500 camera on the front seat of your car, but in rural Ireland you will find some of the most genuinely friendly people on the planet, and one of the lowest crime rates.

MUMBAI,INDIA
Level Contributor
174 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland In march or april 2013

thanks for your detailed reply.. what would be better according to you staying in hotels or lodge.

One does really require a car to commute in dublin ?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,559 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland In march or april 2013

If you're staying in Dublin, you don't need a car. Arrange your car rental for when you plan to leave the city. Driving in Dublin can be challenging, parking is very expensive but thankfully public transport is good and the city itself is very walkable.

Plenty of options regarding hotels, b&b's, Hostels etc depending on your budget. Easter falls late next year, with Easter Sunday falling on 20th April. Between St Patricks day (17th March) and Easter might be a good time to visit, it will be just before the busy Easter then summer period and you may be able to pick up some good deals on accommodation.

Have fun planning!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland In march or april 2013

Definately April with longer daylight hours also the rain is warmer then.

MUMBAI,INDIA
Level Contributor
174 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland In march or april 2013

thank u all for your kind reply.. Do let me know if you all ever need any help in INDIA

6. Re: Ireland In march or april 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:19