We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is Cavan

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
This is Cavan

County Cavan is one of those hidden places, which for some reason or other seems to have been off the radar as far as tourism is concerned. In this 'Gathering' year the Cavan tourist office are now trying to redress the situation and have recently released a new tourism website: www.thisiscavan.ie

Let us know what you think

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,217 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is Cavan

Lovely site and well laid out. I really like Cavan, not least because it is home to my favourite restaurant of all time, (Neven Maguire's MacNean House). Beautiful scenery with drumlins and lakes, lovely hotels and places to eat, and great for the outfdoors type. A very underrated county IMO.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,093 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This is Cavan

I too like that website Cavan. It's easy to navigate, clear and full of information. Discover Ireland and Ireland.com should take a look at it for tips!!!

I always knew Cavan had a lot to offer....but I honestly didn't realise there was so much to do there.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,628 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This is Cavan

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...hope it's just me, but the links don't appear to work on that site?

Can someone else have shot at it? For example, when selecting any of the guides ("walking guide", things for kids" etc) from this part of the site, I get nothing.

http://www.thisiscavan.ie/fun/plan/guides

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,093 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This is Cavan

Just tried that Irish fan and it didn't work for me either, although I can download the main brochure ok - I wonder do they mean that you need to email them for the specific guides?

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
11,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This is Cavan

wow nice video...very well done....i too tried clicking about and it just freezes up on me but the video was well worth a look....

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This is Cavan

Crisp, clean,organized. I had no problem accessing menu options. For instance was able to open "Diocese of Kilmore" from Trace your Cavan connections. Rather than having to download the map of Cavan , a "map" with "pins" identifying significant sites would be more helpful. Cavan is not the only hidden jewel in Ireland, but thank you to the DE's for giving us so much information .

Edited: 20 April 2013, 01:24
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: This is Cavan

I have always enjoyed the hospitality in Cavan.

canberra
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This is Cavan

Thanks for the link Cavan007, lovely site so much information and easy to use. We'll be there in a few weeks, staying in a B&B at Virginia.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: This is Cavan

I am on a ferry right now, but I do like county cavan and will look at website at home xx

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: This is Cavan

The Cavan Walking Festival - 3rd May to 12th May : www.cavansportspartnership.ie