We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

After reading all the great suggestions, I revised the 10 day road trip, as follows (these are the overnight towns):

Day 1: Dublin

2: Kilkenny

3: Kinsale

4: Kenmare

5. and 6: Dingle

7. Doolin or Ballyvaugn or Ennis

8. Aran Islands

9: Drogheda

10. Dublin

Does that sound reasonable? Thanks to everyone for their reviews, comments and suggestions.

Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

Sounds okay. Doolin is very small basic cross road with 3 or 4 pubs. Stay in ennis or galway for a bit of craic if its music your after shop street has loads of it in galway. Killarney in kerry is worth a look but is a little out of the circle you are doing.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

I would say there is a lot more in the vicinity of Kenmare or Killarney than Dingle town for a 2 night stay and the peninsular would be an easy drive from either of the former to Ennis which as said above has a lot more options than Doolin.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

Nice to have a two night break somewhere in the middle - whether in Dingle or elsewhere, (though I would naturally favour Dingle)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

Thank you both for your suggestions: Revised it would look like:

Dublin

Kilkenny

Kinsale

Kenmare

Dingle or Kilarney for 2 nights

Ennis

Ferry to Inishmore, Aran Islands

Dublin last two nights (I discovered that using Drogheda as a point for touring Bru na Boinne might not work. To guarantee admission to Newgrange and Tara, I would need to book a tour out of Dublin)

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

For Soonas: Thank you for your suggestion. The two night stay will be welcome somewhere in the middle of our trip. The Dingle 2 night stop was to cycle the peninsula for one day, since we'd probably not have time to do that task on our arrival day. Do you think the drive to Ennis (with a detour to the Cliffs) might be "easier" than driving from Dingle?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

If you are going to Inis Mor then you need to consider going from Rossaveal rather than Doolin, Bigger boats shorter crossing. Consider Inis Oirr or Inis Meain if going from Doolin

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

Ugh. Thanks, Tony. I was trying to avoid the longer drive to rossaveel so we could spend more time in and around Doolin and the cliffs.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

Ugh. Thanks, Tony. I was trying to avoid the longer drive to rossaveel so we could spend more time in and around Doolin and the cliffs.

9. Re: Itinerary Revised - After Collecting Forum Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:16