We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Ireland...where to go outside of Dublin?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
5 Days in Ireland...where to go outside of Dublin?

My husband and I will be in Ireland 6/16-20.

We arrive in Dublin 6/16 around 4pm and pick up a car. We'd like to immediately drive south/southwest of Dublin to visit other cities. We need to return to Dublin 6/19 by 4pm.

What are some key places we should visit? I don't want to drive farther than Waterford. Is KilKenny worth a day or two? I'm thinking stop in Kilkenny for a night then head down to Waterford for two. Or is Wicklow a good stop too? We aren't really sure how to maximize our experience in Ireland.

Any tips are much appreciated!

Thank you,

Nicole

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Days in Ireland...where to go outside of Dublin?

4pm on 16th; all day 17th & 18th and finish on at 4pm on 19th. That's 72hrs and that's 3 days - do the maths! Where are you getting 5 days? Do Kilkenny City or take two day trips on 17th & 18th out of Dublin - one being Glendalough the other being Bru na Boinne.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Days in Ireland...where to go outside of Dublin?

Hi,

Sorry I left out the fact that we are in Dublin thru 6/20 so technically 4 full days. Thanks for the tips.

Nicole

3. Re: 5 Days in Ireland...where to go outside of Dublin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 05:16