We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Powerscourt & Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Powerscourt & Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin

I am looking for any recommendations on a tour to Wicklow from Dublin. I've heard great things about Over the Top and Wild Wicklow, but neither goes to Powerscourt! I've only found a few that do both, but with fewer nature stops (we're OK with that because we'll be self-driving in Donegal and the Glens of Antrim/Causeway Coast for the rest of the trip). Also, some companies seem to offer this tour, but only if a large group reserves it (e.g. Mary Gibbons tours).

I've seen Irish City Tours (irishcitytours.com/index3-daytours-tour4.php) and Bus Eirann (http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=278). Can anyone recommend one of these or another tour that covers both Powerscourt and Glendalough?

Thank you!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Powerscourt & Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin

Any recommendations at all?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Powerscourt & Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin

I've only gone with the Bus Eireann tour. I loved it. Clean comfortable bus, knowledgeable driver. We had enough time to have a look at the house and gardens in Powerscourt as well as some leisurely cups of tea on the terrace. On to Glendalough we visited the interpretive centre and then walked around the smaller lake before having a picnic lunch. We had ample time for all this and I imagine you could achieve more if you really pushed yourself, for instance, I'm sure you could make it out along the trail to the miners village. We had one other stop to have a look at something I can't remember!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Powerscourt & Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin

I did the bus eireann tour a couple of years ago and thoughly enjoyed it, the bus driver was very knowledgable and fun, we had plenty of time at each attraction including time to wander the powers court gardens.

4. Re: Powerscourt & Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 06:18