We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First day itinerary suggestions please

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
137 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
First day itinerary suggestions please

Hello TA

Thank you for your continued help! Almost finalized on our nine day itinerary. We are flying into Shannon on a Friday morning and so far the only thing I have planned is to pick up our rental and drive to Galway. We have CoM and the burren planned for a day trip later in the week.

I was hoping you might have some suggestions for must see sights en route to Galway or in Galway. We will be a little jet lagged, but I don't like the idea of just wandering aimlessly and possibly missing something fun.

Any thoughts?

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First day itinerary suggestions please

We are leaving in a couple of days and arriving in Shannon. Yes, jet lag is an issue. However, I am the designated driver and have the ability to sleep (heavily) on airplanes. So, we will arrive at approx. 7am, go to the Oak Wood Arms Hotel just outside the airport for a full Irish breakfast and then see what the weather looks like. If sunny or just light clouds, we will head for the Cliffs of Moher and then around the head past Dunguaire Castle and into Galway. If it is too cloudy to see the Cliffs we will head inland north and do a bow shape route into Galway.via east Clare. Thru Killaloe, past the lakes and up to Abbey, Loughrea and into Galway. It's the route given to us by Tony2Phones, an Ireland DE here on TA. Thanks again, Tony.

2. Re: First day itinerary suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:16