We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,576 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

Just came across this article checking out some hotels with poor reviews....interesting.

independent.ie/lifestyle/travel/inside-irela…

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,373 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

I saw that on Saturday. An interesting article all right!!

It validates TA rather than brings it down.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
880 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

I'm at a loss to understand TA ratings. The #1 restaurant on the Limerick TA page has not changed in years. All others slide up and down the league table. I have not been to the #1 in years as I just don't rate it and I don't know anyone who does. That does not invalidate the positive reviews that it receives, I just find its constant rating a tad surprising.

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

Interesting, casual reporting.

"Of the hotels we've stayed in this week, none of them have been perfect. Most of the criticism they received on TripAdvisor was fair. Some of it wasn't. ....

The only common complaint on Trip-Advisor that we never experienced for ourselves in any of the hotels we visited was rudeness from staff. Which seems to suggest that, when the chips are down – damnit, when the chips are inedible – a little patience and good humour goes a long way."

Validates the reviews, which are dated when entered, allowing consumers to decide. If from a "1 post" ranter -either positive or negative- then buyer beware.. I appreciate the information reviewers provide.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,373 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

Interesting Lightblue, re Freddys.

We used to go there a lot when it opened in the beginning. It had a lovely friendly bistro feel about it. But we stopped going when it went "corporate". We were there one night and we felt as if we were the only people not putting our bill on an expense account.

Like you, now, we haven't been there in a long time.

5. Re: Interesting article re tripadvisor reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 06:16