We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Cork airport to Portumna?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Buses from Cork airport to Portumna?

Anybody know if I can travel by bus from Cork airport to Portumna?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Cork airport to Portumna?

The only place you can travel from Cork Airport to is Cork city (bus station - 5 miles) in one direction and the town of Kinsale (12miles) in the other direction.

This is the only service I can find for Portumna, and it means travelling from Dublin city.

www.kearnstransport.com/index.php…

So, you could get the bus from Cork to Dublin (3 hours) using Bus Eireann or Aircoach (the latter is better value if you book online) and then get the connecting bus from Dublin (Ha'penny Bridge stop) to Portumna.

Apologies if there is a better way to do this, but I cannot find it. Bus Eireann does not appear to service Portumna. (previously the 120 did, but I don't think so any more)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,398 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Cork airport to Portumna?

You would have to get from Cork to Galway for Keans service fri-sun,, Or on to Loughrea and then match up with the works bus 8.30am or 5pm mon-fri 2pm Saturday

http://www.portumna.net/localbus/

The nearest point on the Cork-Galway run would be Gort and a cab from there which would be expensive.

Why and when??

3. Re: Buses from Cork airport to Portumna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 05:17