We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire- so confused

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
car hire- so confused

Got a quote from Dan Cooley car rental (know someone that used them with no problem)

for an intermediate size automatic (we have 4 adults plus luggage) for 10 days, cdw plus excess waiver. 714 Euros. Now I understand the excess waiver is the super cdw insurance?

This will cover everything except 100 euro deductable? I want to make sure I'm covered for everything so I don't have to worry and just enjoy my trip.

Thanks so much!

Best Seller
Northern Ireland Highlights Day Trip...
673 reviews
from US$81.00*
Best Seller
Cliffs of Moher Tour and Galway from...
538 reviews
from US$56.10*
Best Seller
Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Dublin
1,203 reviews
from US$62.30*
Best Seller
Blarney Castle and Cork Day Trip from...
1,055 reviews
from US$68.50*
Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire- so confused

We use dthem, got the upgraded CDW and had zero deductible. They didn't even check the car. Even covered tires and windshield. Only things not covered were loss of key/fob and improper fuel usage.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire- so confused

I would suggest that you call the US office and make the reservation. They were extremely helpful and offered some extras that got the rate better than the web showed it to be. They were also very pleasant and helpful both by phone and email.

If you accept the excess coverage (Super CDW) it doesn't necessarily cover glass and tire. They may add that on at no charge if you ask. I have the car for 29 days and the length of the rental probably had something to do with the better rate.

One thing to remember with Dooley; They are going to charge you for a full tank of fuel. If you return it empty you walk away and pay the bill. If you fill it up before you return it they will credit you the initial fuel charge.

It's best not to return it 1/2 full because you're going to be charged for the full tank.

Edited: 14 May 2013, 13:52
3. Re: car hire- so confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:20