We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

When I check the ryanair website, the price from venice to barcelona is 24. But when I prepare to change flight (from Marseille-Dublin to Venice-Barcelona), the price is 63. Why it shows differently? How I buy the same price tickt ( the true price is 24)?

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

Your question isnt very clear - are you trying to amend an existing booking (Marseille to Dublin) to a new booking (Venice to Barcelona) or are you looking at buying 2 flights?

If you are amending a booking, the price will be higher as you will be charged for changing the booking.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

Yes, I try to amend a book. But I have paid the change fees( 40 EUR per flight per person). I just say the tickt's price is different with the original price. It's more higher. I try to check it again and again. I find if I rebook the tickt below 63.99 EUR, I need pay 63.99 EUR rather than the original price( 24 EUR, 36 EUR etc.). What's the problem?

Ryanir just say if I change my flight, I need to pay 40 EUR per flight per person. But I find I lost more than 40. I lost 3 times of it.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

For example, I have booked tickt from Marseille to Dublin on 10, June which have been paid 147.98 EUR ( for 2 adult and 1 baby). Today I try to change my flight (Marseille-Dublin 10, June) to the new flight ( Venice- Barcelona 4, June). First, I check the price of the new flight ( Venice- Barcelona 4, June) on Ryanaie website which is 24.99 EUR for per adult. Second, I go to change my flight and search the price from Venice to Barcelona on 4, June which is 63.99 EUR for per adult. Finally, I find I still need to pay 90 EUR.

You can see I want to change to a new flight which total price is 79.98 for 2 adult and 1 baby, finally I need to pay 237.98 for the new flight. Why?!!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

because they are charging you to change the booking. This is deliberate as they do not want people making bookings and changing them, so they make it as difficult and inconvenient to do so.

Usually with Ryanair you are better off making a new booking altogether if you want to change your plans

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

I agree with Irish-eyes

If changing a booking by Ryanair and even Aer Lingus, its usually cheaper just to buy a new flight altogether. This is what we had done in the past.

6. Re: Why ryanair shows different price when I change flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:18