We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip review

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
My trip review

Hello from Dublin! I'll be sure to write a more detailed review after our trip. But, for now, I thought I'd pop online from time to time to add little tid bits here and there.

Got in this morning. So glad to be here. Staying at the Morrison hotel. Fabulous hotel. I highly recommend it. We arrived well before check in, but the had a room ready and were glad to accomodate an early check in. I doubt it had anything to do with me being an HHonors member, as they seemed genuinely willing to see to our satisfaction.

For those of you who may be concerned about driving on the left side of the road, don't be. It's a piece of cake. I adapted instantaneously. Definitely hire a car!

I'll be back on later to report on the places we visit.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,021 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: My trip review

Love the reports, keep them coming!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
406 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: My trip review

The reports are great. Did you end up eating at Jacques? We plan to visit Cork in September!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
63. Re: My trip review

Thanks again, everyone.

Sarnia: I'll be in Galway on Friday. Looking forward to it.

TaH09: unfortunately, we changed dinner plans last night. My mom wasn't feeling well, so we went somewhere for soup. Didn't bother with a report, as it was an uneventful evening.

Now, for those coming to Cork, I suggest you make it a point to eat at Market Lane on Oliver Plunkette street. It was excellent. Everything is homemade and very good quality. Prices are reasonable. Had their soup of the day, a sweet potato, chicken and chorizo soup. Very good! Shepperds Pie for my main dish. It's on their children's menu. Haha, I've eating so much, I opted for a smaller portion main dish tonight. Anyway, it was also good. And, for dessert, an amazing dish called a strawberry glory with crushed meringue and vanilla ice cream. So delicious!

Leaving Cork in the morning for Killarney. Stopping at Blarney Castle on the way. Report back soon.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
406 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: My trip review

Aw well I hope you mom feels better! That's what matters.

Market Lane sounds great :) I will keep it in mind.

Safe travels to Killarney! We are also heading Cork to Killarney and I am still debating the route.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
286 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: My trip review

Hoping your mom feels better soon and can fully enjoy the rest of the trip. I look forward to hearing about Ennis! That's our first stop.

Mammoth Lakes...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: My trip review

love this "on the go" review! Thanks for sharing! :)

Missouri
Level Contributor
156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: My trip review

Hi, VegasJason, I too have been enjoying your 'as you go' report-thanks for taking the time! I hope your mom is feeling better. I would be interested to know how she is handling the walking? For instance, did you walk around Kilkenny, or did you drive around? My husband is fairly fit, but he does also have knee problems sometimes, so just wondering how much walking is required. Thanks.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: My trip review

Mom is definitely feeling better thanks for asking. Taking it easy the last couple of nights helped.

TaH09: from Cork to Killarney, we plan on going through Blarney. For directions, I simple got on google maps, entering our Cork hotel as the starting point, with a destination point of Blarney and a second destination point of our hotel in Killarney. Google maps allows you to add as many destination points as you please.

In fact, a bit of advice for travelers. I haven't used a map once in Ireland. I just add my destinations on google maps using my iPad. I then take screen shots of those directions, which automatically saves the screen shots into my pictures on the iPad. Then, while driving, my mom had the iPad in the passenger seat in case we need to reference directions. Hope this makes sense to you guys. If not, please let me know, and I'll try to explain myself better. It's a really easy way to get from point A to B.

Tamiller: Ennis on Friday before ending up in Galway Friday evening. I'll be sure to take good notes. :-)

Happytrvlr: we've pretty much walked everywhere upon arrival. The only time we took our car out of the hotel was for our day trip to Midleton/Cobh yesterday. Everything is pretty much within walking distance. Even in Dublin. My mom also has a bad knee. The only thing we've had to do to accommodate her is avoid stairs. It really hasn't been a problem to date. So, I'd plan on walking. Just stop for a break if needed. :-)

Missouri
Level Contributor
156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: My trip review

Thanks, that is helpful info. Have fun, and keep the reports coming, please!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
406 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: My trip review

So glad your mom is feeling better :) sometimes the best thing on vacation is a little R&R!

Thanks so much, Jason! Good tip about the iPad. I have my routes printed just incase wifi is spotty but I will try the iPad trick! Sounds handy. Then I'll have my Oridance back up map. Lol, can't be to prepared :)

Let me know how you like your route. I actually have three routes printed for the Killarney drive.

Via Blarney

Via Gougane Barra

Via Coast

Too many choices and we may just decide day of.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Very enjoyable to read everyday :)