We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

Any advice on how to do this? I looked on the bus website but it doesn't seem to have information for August this year.I am flying into Cork, but back home from Farranfore and so I will need to hire a car at Farranfore so that I can drop off there before flying home. Or train- is that a possibility?

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

Bus from cork airport to cork railway station. Train cork to farronfore, possible change at mallow required.

Try the transport for Ireland journey planner

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,459 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

You'll still have to walk a bit from the train station in Farranfore to the airport.

You can get a bus from Cork Airport to Kerry Airport, depending on the time (if there's more than one change, they're putting you on a bus from Cork to Limerick and then Limerick to Killarney!!). Bus Eireann aren't showing timetables beyond June at the moment but things are unlikely to change dramatically.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

Thanks both. I knew there had to be a way to do it. Sounds as if the bus would be best - I'll keep checking the Bus Eireann website.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

cant you hire a car at Cork airport and drop it at Kerry?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,930 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

As FG above one way car hire would probably be the easiest

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

Thanks Tony and FG, I`ll look into that, for some reason I thought it would be very expensive, but that said, I suppose it would be worth it to save the faffing about with public transport.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

Update in case it's of use to anyone else. Took the advice of FG and Tony, and am picking up car from Cork, and dropping off at Farranfore at the end of our holiday. I have not had a bad car hire experience yet in Ireland, so here's keeping everything crossed for this trip. Will post when I get back from holidays, only 15 more sleeps, can't wait!

8. Re: Cork Airport to Kerry Airport on public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 07:19