We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than six months validity on passport

1 post
Save Topic
Less than six months validity on passport

Hi

I am a NZ passport holder. My passport is due to expire on 30 Sept 2013.

I am travelling to Dublin in mid June, and will have less than six months left on my passport at this time.

Will I be allowed into the country?

Thanks!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than six months validity on passport

As long as you leave before your passport expires, you will have no problem

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,827 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than six months validity on passport

not sure how it works in your country but in 2005 when i purchased my ticket in march and passport number and expiry was asked for i was told i couldn't travel with mine...they said you had to have "more" than six months left before expiration....it was to expire in august of that year...thank goodness i had time to renew before my travel dates in may.....

i would suggest you check with the passport people and the airline in your area just to be on the safe side.....

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,605 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than six months validity on passport

Check with the Irish embassy or consulate in New Zealand. You don't need a visa, apparently. But if you DID need a visa it says you must have at least 6 months remaining on your passport past your planned departure date. And elsewhere on this page it said something about even if you don't need a visa your passport must meet the requirements as if you DID need a visa. Surprise - a government website that is difficult to interpret! :)

ireland.visahq.com/embassy/New-Zealand/

4. Re: Less than six months validity on passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:18