We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to cycle from Cahersiveen to Killarney?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to cycle from Cahersiveen to Killarney?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what the best route for this is. I can either follow the N70 and N72 back or my map tells me there is a regional road it lists as the "ring of Kerry cycle". So far I have just followed the man roads so am curious to try out this regional road... Has anyone cycled it? I'm hesitant because I'm scared I might get lost (I get lost quite easily...) and I have to make it back to Killarney before my bus to Clare leaves! Pressure!

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to cycle from Cahersiveen to Killarney?

There is a mountain road that cuts right through the center of the Peninsula that is remote and quiet and so would be more conducive to riding bicycles but the roads are not numbered/marked and if you are on your own and something happens, well you will be still on your own and who knows when someone will be along to help you. Your best bet is the N70 and N72 via Killorglin. Just be careful to ride with the traffic and watch out for the large buses coming against you.

2. Re: Best way to cycle from Cahersiveen to Killarney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 05:16