We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Ireland

For those of you who have visited the Dingle Peninsula and Ring of Kerry, would you recommend driving yourself or take a bus tour?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland

Drive yourself!! go where you like, stop where and when you like, no '10 mins to get out here and take a photo' followed by an hour and a half in a shop.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland

IF you have the choice -- Go with the Self-Drive.

Bob

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,827 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland

pat either way is wonderful...when i'm alone i sometimes take the deros tours out of killarney for the rok, just to get a day off from driving and dingle i always drive it myself...

however this year while i was alone and not meeting friends anywhere i drove the ring and enjoyed it so much....was a great way to spend the day...

4. Re: Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 12:35
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland

Lisa's post is nothing to do with taking a one day tour out of Killarney V driving yourself, she has a personal axe to grind, but hopefully will soon get over it

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ireland

We are just back from trip #4 and have driven both. We would not even consider doing it any other way. Go when and where you decide, stay for as long and as little time as you decide...and most important, you will be able to see areas/sites that the buses do not reach. Some people take the buses because they feel uncomfortable out of their element and in a foreign land, or they just don't want to do the research for themselves, or they just cannot or will not drive on the left for whatever reason. Fortunately, none of those conditions effect us, and we will do our own driving for as long as we are able. Enjoy it either way.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
747 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ireland

Seems like a near slam dunk to me as with most here. If you're comfortable enough with driving, go for it. There's always the bus otherwise.

8. Re: Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:17