We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Ireland

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in Ireland

I am traveling to Scotland for 5 days and then Ireland for 4 and am looking for must see places for those 4 days. I realize this is not nearly enough time to see everything Ireland will have to offer (enough reason to go back for a second trip!) but would like to hit some of the highlights. Any suggestions starting from our flight from Edinburg to Dublin. Places to see, where to stay that wont break the bank, travel by car or train? Ready go!

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Ireland

When do you intend to visit? And, your interests are?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Ireland

We are leaving August 23rd to Scotland, and probably spending time in Edinburgh and Inverness, then leaving there on the 28th or so to head to Ireland. I would love to go to the Blarney stone, see some of the countryside, maybe throw in a Guinness tour. Nothing set yet.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,027 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Ireland

With four days, one of which is your arrival day and I'm assuming one of which is your departure day, then you really don't have time to head down to Cork - unless you fly into Cork and leave from Dublin or vice versa.

The countryside can be easily seen.

Glendalough is only a shortish drive from Dublin and is beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Ireland

We are hoping to arrive on August 29th, have the 30th, 31st, and Sept 1st to travel and see things, then leave on the 2nd. Thats the plan at the moment at least.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 22:13
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,027 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in Ireland

Could you fly in to Cork and out of Dublin or vice versa? And where are you flying to? And what times do your flights arrive and leave?

3 full days really isn't a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: 4 days in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:17