We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shannon to Dublin 9/19 to 9/23

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shannon to Dublin 9/19 to 9/23

Hi! My husband and I land in Shannon early Thursday. We will have a car. Want to see and enjoy this part of Ireland and end up in Dublin on Sunday for 4:30 plane on Monday. This will be our first time. Know it's short but he's meeting his buddies in Dublin on Monday for a golf trip. Look forward to your ideas! Thanks!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shannon to Dublin 9/19 to 9/23

Instead of slowly crossing Ireland, I'd suggest staying local to Shannon to start off with, visiting The Burren, the Cliffs of Moher or Loop Head, and maybe Inis Oir. Then go to Connemara or Galway City.

Going to Dublin, just zip across the country on the motorway. It's a bit over 2 hours from Galway to Dublin, so it won't take too long.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 09:16
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,704 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shannon to Dublin 9/19 to 9/23

There is a lot to see staying around the South Clare area, Ennis is a great base not just for all Clare but also All the "Shannon Region" which includes Limerick and North Tipperary, Clare to South Galway even into Offaly.

There is also Clifden Arts week starting on the 19th so heading out onto the Connemara could be an option.

3. Re: Shannon to Dublin 9/19 to 9/23

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 07:17