We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Are any courses open this time of year (Nov. 28-Dec. 1)? If so, (staying in Dublin the entire trip) which courses would you recommend?

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Lots of them open for the Christmas Turkey shoot outs and stuff like that don't plat golf but know loads that do a lot of clubs over here close after Christmas.

Dublin
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

All should be open. I would recommend a links course like the Island in Donabate or Portmarnock. They should be dryer than the park courses

Mentioned in this post
Donabate
Donabate
County Dublin, Ireland
Portmarnock
Portmarnock
County Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Thank you very much for your insight! I wasn't sure if golf was available since I tried to book tee times online and couldn't.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Thank you! I was hoping to play Ballybunion and Portmarnock. My base while there is Dublin. I know Portmarnock is close to Dublin but it looks like Ballybunion is at least 3 hours away by car. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Ballybunion
Ballybunion
County Kerry, Ireland
Portmarnock
Portmarnock
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Ballybunion is at least 3 hours but you can get plenty of links golf near Dublin. Have a look here worldgolf.com/features/dublin-ireland-links-… it might help you make up your mind. I don't see why you can't book tee times there is a section on both the Portmarnock and Island web sites.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Portmarnock
Portmarnock
County Dublin, Ireland
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

If you love winter greens, weather permitting

irish weather see MET.IE /

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Thank you very much for your help on this!

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

Thanks! I'll look into the weather via your link. Much obliged!

9. Re: Golfing in late Nov in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 07:17