We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August travellers?

United States
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
August travellers?

We are going to be there the 23rd of Aug through 30th Aug, landing in SNN and departing DUB. We're driving ourselves. This is a 20th anniversary present to me from the hubby. While I'm beyond excited about it, he's just trying his best to be a good sport and go along to appease me. In any event, I have no doubts that I'll still enjoy my visit as it has been a long time dream of mine.

Any other August visitors?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August travellers?

We arrive in Dublin July 30 and fly home Sept 2, so we'll be in Ireland and Northern Ireland for the entire month of August. Four days in Dublin, then we'll rent a car and make a big circle. So excited!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,665 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August travellers?

The days will be shorter then, then now.

If you've a specific query. please post.

United States
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August travellers?

When does it get dark that time of the year?

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: August travellers?

Dublin Daylight hours August:

timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

Galway:

http://www.galway.net/about/daylight.html

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,529 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: August travellers?

For those who will be in Ireland between Saturday 17th August and Sunday 25th August, check out Heritage Week events:

http://www.heritageweek.ie

Events are countrywide and mostly free. Organized by county with Dublin further subdivided into Dublin City; Dun Laoghaire Rathdown in south of county; Dublin Fingal (North Co Dublin); South County Dublin.

Tinley Park
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August travellers?

We will arrive on the13th and leave on the 25th. We are attending a "gathering"and meeting our Irish relatives.

Wish the waiting time would pass more quickly.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
406 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August travellers?

Can't wait for everyone's trip report!

Tamiller - that was very sweet of your husband (I made sure pass it on to my husband - wink, nudge for our 20th) :) I have read some of your posts and I am looking forward to reading all about your trip!

cambridge,ontario
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: August travellers?

My wife and I will be in Ireland from the 7th of August till the 15th.Can't wait!!

United States
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: August travellers?

I plan on taking a journal to write things down that I'll need to remember for my trip report. I'll be sure and post it here upon our return to help other fellow travelers.

And Traveler at heart - it took a few years of constant nagging to get him to this point. LOL! But regardless of the way he feels about it right now, I really don't see how he wouldn't love it once he gets there.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
406 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: August travellers?

I think I will also do a journey or blog entry to record all of the details. I'm glad you convinced him to go and I know he will love Ireland. I'm not sure anyone could dislike the country. Everything about it sounds amazing :)