We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I believe this weather forecast...?

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
394 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Do I believe this weather forecast...?

My husband and I are heading to Ireland tomorrow- YAHOO!! We have been planning for almost two years as we had to cancel last year's trip. All along, I was planning for lots of rain and temps in the 60s. It looks to me like the weather is in the 70s for much of next week...and without a lot of rain????

We are traveling all over the island and will certainly pack for some rain, but can I trust weather.com's forecast of temps in the 70s?

It seems too good to be true...

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

Initial outlook is for mostly dry weather with temps in the mid to high twenties. However, it's difficult to predict our weather past 4-5 days with much reliability, so keep the raincoat on hold just in case. Check out www.met.ie for forecasts.

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

Scampibear- thank you for the link- this is just what I need- the weather has been incredible =)

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

Just keep it like this until late September, please ;)

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,387 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

Yup, it's happening. Do hope it persists.

Cork
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

Yes the temperatures are predicted to last at least well in to next week....enjoy! enjoy!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
19,223 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

drop down to 20o C forecast for sunday, more normal for this time of year. incidentally, a met office report for tomorrow said that "due to heat, there may be thunder storms, but there again, there may not be".......nothing like hedging their bets!

july and august can certainly be good, but remember, rain is never too far away.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
220 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

I returned yesterday from a 10 day trip. Not sure where you are headed, we were in the south and it was well into the 80's in the sun! Nights were usually nice and cool, although we were actually happy to have an air conditioned car!

More than one local made the comment "it's been winter for 2 years" so they are very happy about it!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

There are a lot of sunburned Northern Europeans here!!

VA
Level Contributor
222 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

We've been watching the weather reports for a couple of weeks now. Just checked the extended forecast for our trip dates (July 26-Aug. 9) and looks like a major change will be coming -- cooler and more rain. I guess that would be more typical, but now I need to rethink my packing! Sorry we are missing the beautiful weather, but we are coming to Ireland and that is FANTASTIC! Cannot wait to get there!

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Do I believe this weather forecast...?

Generally impossible to accurately forecast anything further than five days ahead here, so don't discount the good weather yet.