We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-8 day itinerary

Westfield, New...
1 post
Save Topic
6-8 day itinerary

My husband and I would like to spend 6-8 days in Ireland. What places to see and stay do you recommend? We prefer the country to the cities. What would you recommend?

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-8 day itinerary

Have a look at the top tips in the right hand column and give a bit more information. That way we can give more assistance targeted to your needs

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,862 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6-8 day itinerary

I would suggest you have a look through some good open minded guide books.. decide where you would like to go and pin them on a map. That might give you a couple of clusters to work with..8 days is not long so dividing the island in half and concentrating on one half or equivalent might work..What made Ireland of interest? what are your interests. all considerations which need making before guidance would be tailored to you.

New York
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
837 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6-8 day itinerary

You couldn't get better advice than what's been provided above. Come back when you have made reasoned, fundamental choices for your time frame. Add YouTube by potential town and site names a bit later in initial inquiries.

I think we're all assuming you'll be driving at this point. AA.ie and distancesfrom.com will help set realistic spreads for an potential itinerary, by adding about 20% to times suggested, especially in high traffic tourist zones and maybe more. Forty km per hour on local roads is a broad guideline except in the thickest of things.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 20:03
4. Re: 6-8 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 05:17