We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Dublin

Los Olivos...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
5 Days in Dublin

Hi All!

My two friends and I will be in Dublin from September 19th to the 24th. We will be staying in the city center and traveling only by public transportation.

I'm looking for any "must-see" suggestions. We are all in our mid 20s , so of course we will be checking out the Guinness Storehouse and Jameson Distillery! We love to sight-see and unique adventures.

I am also looking into a castle day tour if you can recommend a good one.

Any good night-time activities? We love authentic experiences and having a great time, but we want to stay safe. I've heard Temple Bar is the party- place. What do you think? How is the best way to travel there and back at night?

Thank you for any and all advice you can give us!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Days in Dublin

Temple Bar is in the city centre so if you stay in a centre hotel, you wont need to use public transport. have a look at the HoHo brochure for ideas on places to see and things to do: www.dublinsightseeing.ie/pdf/tours_08.pdf

Tampa
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Days in Dublin

hello,

you will love Dublin! I would suggest the HOHO green bus. I bought the ticket at the airport as a combo so it included a bus ride into the city center and local buses as well as the HOHO. I thought the bus was the best way to Dublin, maybe 25 minute ride 1 block from our hotel(The Westin) The HOHO went to all the highlights we wanted to see and we even just rode the whole loop as it was a beautiful day for sightseeing. Make sure to sit up top.

For a day trip check out 'Wild Wicklow Tours'. It has awesome reviews and takes you South of Dublin to Glendalough and surrounding areas.

Cheers!

3. Re: 5 Days in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 05:17