My original plan didn't work out (didn't know how to edit my original post)...here is my new itinerary and this is for first week in Sept...thx for help in fine tuning this....and yes I KNOW its too short of time but hey its all we could do this time.
New plan please help fine tune!
1) Day 1; Arrive 5 am ish into Dublin, grab car and head immediately to Kilkenny. Spend day 1 and night 1 in Kilkenny. Plan is the entire day seeing stuff in and around Kilkenny. Staying the night at Rosquil House B&B
2) Day 2:: head to Kilarney (still debating on Kenmare or Killarney). Stop in Cashel and see the sites. Have 2 nights planned in the Kilarney/Kenmare area but have not pinned down a B&B yet. Also trying to figure out how to stay a night in Dingle. So we'll 2 nights and 2 days in this area. Need recommendations here.
3) Day/night 4: my wife wants to stay at a "castle". I know touristy Americans! So I have a reservation at Ballyseede for this night; we are strongly thinking of the Hawk Walk....we'll never do that again!
4) Day 5: Open, either head back to Dublin or stay in this area, or possibly head up to the Cliffs (I know that will be very rushed). Day 5 night could be anywhere
5) Day 6: Saturday and last night in Dublin, would like to be back in Dublin early on Day 6 so as to have full day in Dublin and the next morning.
6) Head back home on Sunday flight