We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Requesting help with Ireland self-drive itinerary

Saint Louis...
1 post
Save Topic
Requesting help with Ireland self-drive itinerary

Hi, my husband and I have just booked our first trip to Ireland for the first week of October 2013 and we are struggling with our itinerary. Our first night, Friday, will be in Dublin and then we have sketched out the following plans. We have no strict sightseeing needs and hope to mix some quiet and quaint time with city time for a more festive night here and there (such as Dublin). Thoughts on the below?

Saturday night - Galway

Sunday night - Dingle

Monday night - Kenmare

Tuesday night - Kinsale (or Cork?)

Wednesday night - Dublin

Thursday and Friday night - Wicklow/Eniskerry Ritz (not flexible)

We'd love feedback regarding whether this makes sense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Requesting help with Ireland self-drive itinerary

Personally I would not go back to Dublin on Wednesday having been there on Friday, I would make either Dingle, Kenmare or Kinsale into a two night stop otherwise all you are doing is driving.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Requesting help with Ireland self-drive itinerary

You may have a specific reason for going to Galway, but like fuchsiagirl, I think you are doing a lot of driving. If Galway is not essential to your holiday plans, I would suggest that you stay in Dublin Friday and Saturday night and travel to Dingle from Dublin on Sunday. This leaves Wednesday night free to be allocated as an extra night for Dingle, Kenmare or Kinsale/Cork. Then on the Thursday travel direct from Cork to Wicklow/Enniskerry either by motorway - http://goo.gl/maps/yxGuZ or a more scenic, but slower route -http://goo.gl/maps/LQfwg

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
744 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Requesting help with Ireland self-drive itinerary

Agree with fuhsiagirl, save though l'm keen on Kinsale for the single day option and either of the other two for the double. If you happen to chose Kenmare, you could do both the Ring in a full nicely paced day and somewhat less consuming Killarney National Park on your longer distance travel day .

Edited: 01 August 2013, 16:32
4. Re: Requesting help with Ireland self-drive itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:19