We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,806 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

We're staying in Kenmare and plan to drive (and stop along) the Ring of Kerry tomorrow or Wednesday. The owner of the B&B suggested that we only drive as far as Valentia Island and then turn around and come back the way we came. We'd miss the Cahergal & Leacanabuaile Ring Forts and the Kerry Bog Village Museum as well as the drive from Valentia to Killarney. We'd see the Kenmare to Killarney section the day we don't visit the RoK.

Thoughts? Many thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,138 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

Reported as duplicate

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,806 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

Why did you report it? That was unkind. I posted in two different forums to solicit help from different people.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,138 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

If you post twice things get confused. Post once and you will get a good range of answers.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
754 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

Doesn't work that way, Andee-One should pick a spot and post but one time; reporting doesn't suggest anything intended as hurtful, but you have to understand if people post the same message in two places on one overall site it's going to be considered inappropriate and pointless to do so.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 21:17
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,806 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

In the New York forum, people often suggest posting in the specific forum to attract the attention of those who don't read a more general forum.

I still don't see what the harm would have been, and it might have generated more answers.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,138 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

The Ireland Forum is a very small forum. Generally we all read all of the questions.

You got some good answers on your other thread. Actually I went to a lot of trouble and took a lot of time with my answer.

If people start answering two threads it just causes confusion. There was no unkindness intended. It was just a practical move.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,806 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

And I thanked you for your help.

I wouldn't be confused--it's not that hard for me to get emails about 2 threads.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,138 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

You mightn't be confused but the people trying to help you might be confused... Particularly if the threads are on different parts of the page or different pages.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
754 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

Wo in summary, I as a New Yorker, can verify there's a world of differences in that most people on the Irish forum see all that comes in from wherever, and in New York forums it doesn't work that way.

Thus here it's simply not done nor useful and there it's easily understandable being so much larger. Feel free to post any other question here in one spot of your choice at any time and it will be well attended, Andee.

10. Re: Ring of Kerry part way or all the way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:18