My husband and I are travelling to Ireland for our first year anniversary at the beginning of October for 8 days. We have started to put together out itinerary and are looking for feedback/advise.
•Is it worth going to Limerick?
•What can we do around Galway and Mullingar?
•Have we missed any point of interest in the middle of our itinerary (day 2 to 4)?
•Should we go to Aran Islands from Doolin or Galway?
Driving Itinerary/Main Activities
Day 1 Dublin = Driving Time 1 hour; 7 hours activities
- Arrive/Airport Check-out
- Walking tour (Free)
- Guinness Brewery
- Comedy Show/Dinner
Day 2 Kilkenny = Driving Time 3 hours 14 mins
- Glendaough Tours - 2 hrs (+2hrs of walking around)
- maybe do Waterford here instead??
Day 3 Cork/Blarney = Driving Time 3.5 hours
- Rock/Town of Cashel - 1hour
- Waterford - 1-2hours
- Tour Castle Blarney
check estimated length of each activity; maybe more time, seems like historical area and may have other worthwhile stops
Day 3 Killarney = Driving Time 3 hours
- maybe do 1.25 hours of Ring of Kerry Drive to balance more
Day 4 Doolin = Driving Time = 7.25 hours
- Ring of Kerry 1.25 hours
- Dingle - 1.5hours
- Limerick - 2.5 hours (can bypass by over water - check says 1 hours shorter, but may be ferry needed to catch)
- Kilrush (coast) - 1 hour (can by pass to save .75hours) - check Kilrush - if worthwhile
- Doolin 1 hour
Day 5 Galway = Driving Time 1.25 hours
- maybe trip to Islands (see length)
- Castle Dinner/Show (9pm)
Day 6 Galway
- maybe day trip drive and back (up northern coast) - check what's available
- check Galway and areas things to do
Day 7 Mullingar = Driving Time 1.5 hours
- More Galway our enroute to Galway or possibly drive up north and back
Day 8 Airport
- Hill of Tara - 1 hour
- Dublin - .75hours
- Guinness tour if missed day 1