We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Twin Falls, Idaho...
2 posts
Save Topic
Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

We leave in 13 days for Ireland and I am concerned about the current situation in Syria. Should American's be worried to travel to Ireland if US acts in Syria?

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Worried about what exactly?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Do you need accommodation?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Are you worried about travelling to Ireland specifically, or just travelling outside of the US?

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Not unless that volcano in Iceland erupts and you get diverted to Damascus.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Fiveneedlepine: Great humor - some of the best I've ever read on Tripadvisor!!

Jessica, we're neighbors (I'm in Oregon). I leave for Ireland (West side) in 2 weeks. I've been to Ireland twice before -- during both the '91 invasion of Iraq and the US entry into Afghanistan -- and the Irish never even mentioned it to me. They we're just happy to talk about their own country and culture, and appreciated the interest of Americans. You'll have a great time regardless of what the politicians decide. Perhaps we'll cross paths duiring our journey.

Gorey, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Absolutely not. This is Ireland not Syria. Dont be worried about it. Come on over and have a great time!!!

Twin Falls, Idaho...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

I am nervous about traveling outside the US. Thanks for the helpful answer! I am super excited to visit Ireland and I have only heard great things about how friendly they are!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

You have nothing to be worried about. Enjoy your trip!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

I wont say there is no need to worry when travelling abroad, accidents happen, planes crash, lightning stikes, but Syria has nothing to do with this at all.

Most of us have to get the map out to find Syria, there are wars going on ALL the time in foreign lands unfortunately. You could stay home and get run over by a truck.

I can understand being nervous about travelling, but dont blame it on Syria. It is a total irrelevance.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Concerns for Americans traveling to Ireland

Are you also afraid to come here because the US is "acting" in Iraq and Afghanistan?