We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a quick short report

Minnesota
Level Contributor
395 posts
273 reviews
Save Topic
Just a quick short report

Just back from a great trip to Ireland. For all of you who are worried about renting a car, don't be. We rented from Easytourireland, Hertz. Very smooth. Charged what they said, fast pickup and return at Shannon. We had a flat tire, we knew that wasn't covered, so we had to buy a new one. Not their fault....narrow road, sharp edge pavement in Connemara...flinched from oncoming traffic and bam...no tire.

The weather was foul a good share of the time. Gale winds and driving rain. Being dedicated tourists we plowed on. Luckily when we were I'll in Donegal on the Innishowen peninsula the clouds lifted. It was beautiful! Actually, Ireland is beautiful. Every one was very friendly and nice.

We concentrated on the area north of Galway, mostly. We did however go south to Clonmacnoise, Cashel and Kilkenny. Loved it.

Excellent food. I will miss the seafood! Seafood soup and mussels. Don't see that much here.

Thanks for all the good ideas on this forum.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,387 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a quick short report

Glad you enjoyed. Many thanks for coming back.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a quick short report

Thanks for posting your trip report. Pity about the weather, but sounds like you had a good time anyway.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,079 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a quick short report

so glad you had a good time.....I miss the wonderful seafood so badly when I return home too.....so yummy......

4. Re: Just a quick short report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:19