We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit 4 family of 19

Naples, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
First visit 4 family of 19

We want to go for 2 weeks in July? Aug.? Children will be with us and we want to tour. What is your recommended base city for touring? Should we look into a Castle? Or Cottages? Thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

Ireland is far bigger than it looks on paper. There is no one single place you can base yourself to see the whole country easily.

Also in July and August places will be quite busy so self catering is usually for a week only. No bits of weeks.

Take a look at old Killarney Cottages in Killarney. The are lovely cottages and you could hire 3 of them together. http://oldkillarneycottages.com/ Aggie is the caretaker and she will work with you if necessary. I've stayed there many times, will be there again for Hallow'een. And I'm quite happy to recommend. They're a good base to see Kerry. And you're only 90 minutes from Cork City as well so if you're prepared to drive its a good base for the South West.

Then I would suggest you look at another group of cottages for the other week. Maybe look at somewhere near Dublin. Take a look at www.dreamireland.com Again I would suggest you make direct contact with them and look for 4 or so cottages in a group.

KC, MO
Level Contributor
194 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

When I was researching self-catering houses months ago, I saw 1 or 2 that slept 20. Not sure if that's helpful.

3. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 09:35
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

Also, you should be prepared to change plans or arrange your schedule if any in your group are under 8, as that's the minimum age for guided tours. Also, the laws regarding minors in pubs after 9 are strictly enforced.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

"hallo d" please stop spamming threads with links to a different thread.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

Something like this to stay in; www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p425851vb

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

Wow sounds like a fun group! See www.vrbo.com as there are loads of larger places in all areas in Ireland. Filter "sleeps high to low" to see the appropriate properties that suit your larger needs. A self catering option may be a better bet for you since there will be children along and this can give the group outside activities and room to play. Don't know if West Chester is in the UK or US but if you are driving you can bring their bikes along

Cheers!

Sunny

8. Re: First visit 4 family of 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:39