We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver

New Lenox, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Private driver

Any recommendations for a driver to take a minimum of 6 family members around Ireland(including) Belfast ?

Boston...
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private driver

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - I used Gene O'Sullivan of Glengarrif tours in Oct of 2010 for 3 couples for 2 weeks. I could not recommend him highly enough. Great driver, tour guide and a ball to be with. He was Maureen O'Hara's personal driver - you can't get a better recommendation than that. I know it's true because we got to meet the great lady herself thanks to Gene. She was so gracious and still a beauty at 89. Give him a call. Others on this site have used him as well. Chime in people. http://glengarrifftours.ie

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private driver

Hello,

We are planning to use Gene this spring---we are a small group coming in March. he recommended just "going with the flow' and not pre-booking any hotels/inns…..is that how you traveled? Many thanks and happy new year!

Boston...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private driver

I just saw your post and thought I could allay any concerns you might have with not pre-booking your accommodations. I just travelled with Gene in October. You can find my TA post on this topic page tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k63737… (mine is the November 22, 2013 post). Not to worry one bit! Gene knows the country in and out, so you can feel very comfortable with his suggestion of "going with the flow" and doing as he advises. This will also give you flexibility, if based on the weather, what you're seeing, what you learn about along the way from Gene etc., you decide to change up your plans a bit. I did not book any hotels for the portion of the trip spent with Gene, and things went off without a hitch!

If you have any other questions or would like to chat further, please feel free to message me directly on TA.

4. Re: Private driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:17