We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A word of caution re Giant's Causeway

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
A word of caution re Giant's Causeway

One of the best things about the Giant's Causeway is that you can walk freely on the famous stones. These are very uneven though and can be slippery in wet weather. This weekend (when the weather was gorgeous!) a woman had to be rescued after fracturing her leg and recent reviewers on TA have consistently mentioned the stones being slippery. This isn't to scaremonger - far from it - but just to remind everyone to wear sensible footwear, be careful and stay safe:)

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24419504

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A word of caution re Giant's Causeway

Thanks for the warning, ponaire. Very good advice indeed.

It's amazing how foolish people can be. My friend works at the Cliffs of Moher and she told me that a man attempted the Cliff walk in the rain in flip flops last week(despite several warnings from staff).

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A word of caution re Giant's Causeway

Foolish barely covers it! I have seen people in flip flops at Carrick-a-rede rope bridge also.

3. Re: A word of caution re Giant's Causeway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:18