We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tour from galway and dublin, choose one each

Lyons, Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
day tour from galway and dublin, choose one each

I'm trying to decide between day tour to Connemara or The Burrens from

Galway, and between Glendalough - Wicklow Mtns or New Grange from Dublin. We have limited time in Ireland so I want to do only 2 day tours. Which combination of these would give us the most variety? We also will have a couple free days in Dublin. I'm looking to get something out of the tours that we won't find in Dublin. We're travelling in early November - a mom and a young adult daughter.

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tour from galway and dublin, choose one each

I would definitely choose Connemara over the Burren.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tour from galway and dublin, choose one each

Newgrange should be compulsory!! I'd choose the Burren over Connemara for a day trip. Connemara is a huge area.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day tour from galway and dublin, choose one each

Generally I'd suggest Connemara over the Burren, but Connemara is a big area, so it would depend upon what the plans were for the trip - if it included the 12 Bens and Lenane it would be a sure thing.

As for Dublin, the trip would have to be Newgrange, without question or hesitation.

4. Re: day tour from galway and dublin, choose one each

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:17