We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

Can anyone give me an idea of the the Belfast Black Taxi tours are like? I assume since their site says it takes 1 1/2 hours that they drive by all the places mentioned, but do not stop? Does one go to a central location to get the taxi and do you need to make prior arrangements or just show up? Thanks!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

Someone here will probably hep you, but Belfast is in the UK and can be found in the UK forum on TA. As a visitor the biggest difference you will find is the currency, but it does help if you know where you are!.

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

Thanks - I guess I wasn't thinking . . . !

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

There are a few Black taxi tours in the city, Yes we stop at the Murals on the Falls and Shankill Rds, Explain the history of the conflict and give you the meaning of the murals with time for photos. It is best to pre book with a reputable company, If you just walk to a rank in the city you get the next driver, he may not be the brightest spark in the box!

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

Thank you, Bobby!

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

Hi Bobby! We will be arriving Dublin 8am, driving to Drogheda (breakfast) then to Monasterboice Abbey to see the high crosses & then ultimately to Belfast. However, I've been encouraged to see the Mourne Mountains (they say they're beautiful). So my question is, can we do all that on the way to Belfast & still have a taxi tour (probably followed by dinner)? I know it will be daylight until 8:30 or so in May, but I also am aware of jetlag. Do you do taxi tours in the early evening? Is including the Mourne Mountains just too ambitious? Thanks!

Edited: 23 October 2013, 20:28
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

Yes Tours still run until about 19.00 in May, or you could go early the next morning if your worried about jetlag. Yes as Percy French said. wishful like me to be back where the dark Mourne's sweep down to the sea.

7. Re: Belfast - Black Taxi Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:21